An email marketing campaign can be an effective tool that optimizes your existing database of customers. But what is the best way to go about implementing email marketing to make your investment in this tool successful?
The Types Of Materials Ideally Suited For Email Marketing
Because email marketing is a fairly low-cost way to implement and distribute marketing materials — and it also requires a minimal investment to test its success — the focus of your communications is almost endless.
Email marketing materials can include:
- Information about a new product launch.
- Details that inform customers about a new service.
- Limited-time offers.
- Seasonal offerings.
- Testimonials from existing customers.
- Customer satisfaction surveys.
- Online feedback forms.
- Relevant information via articles or blog postings.
- Simple, personal greetings that make your customers feel important.
Rules Of Engagement
To effectively engage consumers via this avenue, you should know how to get the attention of recipients — and ensure that you don’t offend them. Here are a few tips:
- Use a personal touch: Include the customer’s name in the salutation.
- Avoid terms and symbols that will be tagged as spam, such as dollar signs.
- Consider what the recipient will see. Most email users look quickly at the preview window. Does your text grab their attention quickly?
- Always include your logo, company name or other relevant information that brands your business, and is recognizable.
- Try to include a clear call to action — give customers a definitive description of the purpose of the communication, with multiple ways to respond.
- Use persuasive, convincing copy.
- Always include the option to unsubscribe to emails.
- Consider using a reputable service that offers expert advice to get you off on the right track, or an email marketing program that gets proven results.
Take advantage of email marketing benefits this year. In general, they’re relatively easy to use and implement, and require a low-cost investment that yields results.
Halo Programs can help you develop an email marketing campaign from start to finish, completely customizable to suit your business’ products, services and demographics.
E-mail marketing image via Shutterstock.